Codegeist is a remote hackathon where participants build innovative cloud applications for their favorite Atlassian tools. These apps can be for individuals and for teams, and participants may even want to list their apps on the Atlassian Marketplace. From newbies to experts, everyone is welcome to participate from May 19 (Tuesday) to July 13 (Monday) for a chance to win over $300k in prizes.
Think about solutions that would help teams work smarter, improve workflows and make lives easier. We're looking for apps in two tracks:
- Built with Connect: Create production-ready apps and integrations for Atlassian Cloud tools, including Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Built with Forge: Create trusted, scalable apps in minutes while Forge, our new cloud app development platform, takes care of infrastructure and security. Forge is still in beta, so this is an excellent opportunity to take it for a spin and tell us what you think.
Plus, you can use the Trello customization platform to build Trello Power-Ups, too! There are plenty of opportunities to win big – pick a topic that inspires you and start building.
Building Atlassian cloud apps
Recently, the Atlassian Marketplace reached an important milestone: $1B in lifetime sales. This is all thanks to our community of more than 25,000 developers who have helped build the Atlassian Ecosystem into what it is today. What's even better is that we've seen 60% year-over-year growth in cloud app sales. This tells us something important: our customers rely on the cloud to get things done. Two cloud apps are added to the Atlassian Marketplace every business day, and we hope your Codegeist submissions are next.
Looking for inspiration?
Over the years, Codegeist has received a stream of new apps and cool ideas that have been listed on the Atlassian Marketplace, including:
- 2017: Outlook Calendars for Confluence (best business team app); Charts and Reports for Jira Service Desk (honorable mention for best IT team app); Planning Poker for Trello (best Trello Power-Up)
- 2016: Easy Agile Roadmaps for Jira (best software team integration); Automation for Jira (best IT team integration), PII Protector for Jira (best data center integration)
- 2015: Presenter for Confluence (best newcomer cloud integration; Instant Websites for Confluence (best Confluence Cloud integration); Retrospective Tools for Jira (best Jira Cloud integration)
Show us what you've got
Whether you're new to Atlassian Cloud or need a refresher, check out these resources to help you get started.
When you're ready:
- Create a free Atlassian Cloud developer account (skip this step if you have an existing account)
- Register for Codegeist
- Familiarize yourself with the contest rules and submission requirements
- Build an Atlassian cloud app between May 19, 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time to July 13, 1:59 p.m. Pacific Time (Find out what time that is in your city)
- Spin up your free developer cloud instance to test your app
- Submit your app by 1:59 p.m. Pacific Time on July 13
What happens after I submit?
All submissions will be evaluated by a panel of Atlassians through July 24. Winners will be announced by July 31. Don't worry – we'll keep you posted.
Have more questions?
We're here to help! Head to the Atlassian Developer Community, locate a relevant forum for your question and make sure to type in
codegeist in the optional tags field of your topic.
Mention us @atlassiandev, and tell us about what your progress using the hashtag #Codegeist2020. We're excited to see what you create!