You did it! You created an impressive app leveraging the power of AI to solve unique customer problems! So why stop there? Ideating & building a powerful app is only the first step. Now it's time to launch your app on the Atlassian Marketplace, where thousands of customers are waiting to use your app!
By listing you app on the marketplace you are opening the door to exciting opportunities, including the chance to:
- Test the viability of your app in the market with little investment
- Enter into the Customer Choice Award Contest and win some additional cash
- Be featured in a special collection on the Atlassian Marketplace and garner customer interest
Test your app’s market fit 📏
Right now, there are thousands of customers on the Atlassian Marketplace searching for an app that will solve their unique challenge. That means there is immense opportunity for you to test the viability of your app with a strong engaged customer base. From testing your value proposition to getting valuable insights from real app users, you'll unearth remarkable discoveries to level up your app.
Ready to take the next step? Once your app is ready to ship, submit it for Marketplace approval following these steps:
- Confirm access to the Developer & Marketplace support portal. If this is your first time listing an app, you will need to create an account. This step is crucial to ensure you receive important updates.
- Log in to https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ with your partner account.
- Click Manage vendor account from the profile menu in the upper right.
- Register your organization and contact details.
- Click Create vendor.
- Fill out this submission form to publish a new app.
- In the "Final Step", please add
codegeist2024as the "marketing label".
- In the "Final Step", please add
- At the end of the form Accept the Marketplace Partner Agreement.
- Submit your app for approval. For paid via Atlassian apps, supply your bank account details in your Partner account to receive remittances. This includes your bank name, address, account numbers, tax ID, and other information.
Please note each app is reviewed by a Marketplace support team member before being publicly listed. Review time can vary depending on the current number of submissions. Typically you should hear from a support member in 10 business days. We recommend submitting your app as soon as possible to allow time for feedback and review.
Read the approval guidelines carefully to ensure your app listing is complete. This will help expedite the listing process.
Enter the Customer Choice Award Contest 🗳️
Now that you've listed your app on the Atlassian Marketplace, it's time to generate some buzz! Enter the Customer Choice Award Contest to debut your app to Atlassian Customers and take home an additional cash prize.
All apps entered into the contest will be displayed in a digital gallery where customers will be able to learn about each app and vote for their favorite in each category:
- AI Apps for Developer Experience
- AI Apps for Collaboration
- AI Apps for Data-Driven Insights
To enter the customer choice award contest you'll need a few things:
- A live Marketplace app listing, including your Marketplace App key & ID
- A 2-minute demo highlighting your app's use case
- A 400 character description detailing your apps value proposition
Once you have the above ready to go, fill out the participation form by February 15th @ 11:59 PST to be entered into the contest.
Please note your app must be live by February 15th in order to be eligible to participate. Please allow ample time for the review process and any necessary revisions.
Get featured on the Atlassian Marketplace 🌟
Launching a new app on the Marketplace is no small feat! So to make your effort worth while, we want to boost your app's visibility on the Atlassian Marketplace. All apps entered into the Customer Choice Award Contest will be prominently featured in a special collection landing page that will be used in customer focused campaigns across Atlassian promotional channels. Don't miss out on the opportunity to drive extra traffic to your new app listing!
Tips & tricks for success ✅
Check out this guide to learn best practices for listing your app plus access additional resources to guide your sales strategy.
Note: Apps are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis, and review times may be impacted by the number of apps in the review queue. We cannot guarantee that all entries submitted before February 15th will be published in the Marketplace at the time the Customer Choice Award Contest goes live.
Have questions about the review process? See our New Partner FAQ.